UNDERSTANDING HYDROMODIFICATION WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This seminar is intended for engineers, and public works staff involved in the design or review of Hydromodification Calculations in conformance with the c.3 requirements. TOPICS
This course will: provide a regulatory overview, discuss Hydromodification theory, methods to achieve compliance, and discuss Hydrograph Simulation Programs and understanding the input and output. PRESENTERS:
Doug Beyerlein, Clear Creek Solutions
Speaker TBA, RWQCBWHERE:
City of Walnut Creek, City Hall 3rd Floor Conference Room
1666 N. Main Street, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
1. Broadway Parking Garage - 1390 Broadway
2. Locust Street Parking Garage - 1625 Locust Street
3. South Locust Parking Garage - 1350 Locust Street SCHEDULE:
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Training
11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lunch (Plently of great restaurants in the area or bring your very own favorite meal!)
1:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Training COST*:
$ 95 APWA Member
$150 Non-memberRSVP BY: Friday, November 1, 2013
MORE INFO: Gigi MacTaggart @ (510) 932-3203 or
Last Day to Register – Friday November 1, 2013(Register early space limited)
To register please sign in above, you do not need to be an APWA member to set up a log in. When you log in you will be able to register yourself or any co-worker or friend at the same time. Registration is a commitment to pay and no-shows will be invoiced accordingly. Cancellation will be accepted with a 24 hour written notification. Walk-ins will not be accommodated if we are sold out. Online registration is highly encouraged.
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO:
APWA NORTHERN CA CHAPTER
and MAIL TO:
P.O. Box 1751, Loomis CA 95650
TAX ID# 36-2202880
Technical Seminar Agenda
November 12, 2013
City of Walnut Creek City Hall
1. Regulatory Overview (Water Board Speaker – TBA)
- a. Municipal Permit Requirements
- b. Logic behind the regulations
- c. Q&A
2. Methods to Achieve Compliance (Doug Beyerlein, PE, Clear Creek Solutions)
- i. LIDs
- ii. Flow Control
- B. Hydrograph Modification or Hydromodification
- i. Background
- ii. Appropriate Regional Model Typeso - Hydrological Simulation Programs
- iii.Continuous Simulation Theoryiv. Entering and Understanding the input.
- iv. Entering and Understanding the input. - Data Required/ranges of values - Rain gage data set requirements
- v.Reading and understanding the output.
- C. Example using a HSP program.
- D. Q&A